Following the advice of my awesome support group leader, I am gathering as much information as I can about all of my options and listening to my gut feelings as I read. This will hopefully help me to come to some decisions about where to go from here.
Here are some books that were recommended to me by friends or fellow bloggers that you might also find helpful on your journey:
1. Silent Sorority by Pamela Mahoney Tsigdinos- I just started this yesterday so I can’t really say too much about it but it is a memoir written by a woman who struggled with infertility for years and decided to live childfree.
2. Instant Mom by Nia Vardalos- This was recommended to me by a co-worker/friend of mine and is written by the woman who did My Big Fat Greek Wedding! This is her journey about going through 13 rounds of IVF (yikes!) and ultimately decided to adopt her daughter through the foster care system. It is an amazing story and beautifully written…and funny too! At the end of the book she also has information about different types of adoption.
3. I’m Taking My Eggs and Going Home by Lisa Manterfield- This is another memoir written by a woman who struggled for 5 years to have a baby and decided to live childfree. It is a quick read and really details her struggles not only with infertility but how she overcame her grief over not having a child. She also has a blog too called Life Without A Baby
4. Sweet Grapes by Jean and Michael Carter- This is a book written by a couple who struggled with infertility and decided to live childfree. In the book they focus more on the process that they had to go through to really accept and mourn the loss of not having their own child rather than living childfree. This is a really important step to go through on this journey regardless of what options you choose after that. For this couple they chose to live childfree but they also include chapters about couples who have gone onto other options such as adoption, donor eggs, etc.
5. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson- This is NOT a book about infertility although the writer does have some struggles that she mentions in the book. It is a memoir written about her life and it is HILARIOUS! So I would recommend this book if you are looking for a break from all of the infertility crap and really just want to laugh because we all you could use that every now and then!
One of the reasons I started this blog was not only to get out my own crazy thoughts but to connect with and support others. If just one person reads my blog and feels less alone or finds some helpful information or advice than one of my goals has been met. Please feel free to share any books, websites, etc. that you have found to be helpful:)